Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Outdoor LED Lantern
The ThermaCELL Outdoor Lantern operates on a single butane cartridge, which heats a mat releasing allethrin, a synthetic copy of a natural insecticide found in pyrethrum flowers, creating a 15 x 15 foot comfort zone. Each repellent mat provides up to four hours of protection and each butane cartridge provides up to 12 hours of operation.
- Eight LED lights, with two illumination settings
- Twice as much light as previous ThermaCELL lanterns
- Up to 98% protection from mosquitoes, black flies and no-see-ums
- 15 x 15 foot comfort zone
- Easy grip handle
- Rugged outdoor structure
- Lightweight - 13oz
- Mosquito repellent operates on a single butane cartridge
- Light operates on four AA batteries (not included)
How It Works
ThermaCELL uses revolutionary, patented technology to dispense a small amount of repellent into the air over a long period of time. ThermaCELL is powered by a butane cartridge which provides the cordless, portable heat necessary to operate the device (batteries are not needed). It directs the heat to a metal grill. A mat saturated with Allethrin, a copy of a naturally occurring insecticide found in chrysanthemum flowers, is placed on top of the metal grill. The heat generated by the butane cartridge vaporizes the repellent allowing it to rise into the air, creating a 15 x 15 ft (225 sq ft) “Mosquito-Free-Zone” in minutes. The repellent is very unpleasant to mosquitoes, but when used as directed, will not harm humans or pets.