Giro Nine MIPS Helmet
A proven favorite for more than a decade, the updated Nine is now offered with the Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS). This lightweight helmet is defined by its low profile and streamlined silhouette. A wealth of features – including the custom tuning of the In Form Fit System and Thermostat Control venting – make the Nine one of Giro’s most enduring and popular performance snow helmets.FEATURES:
- Nine MIPS Snow Helmet: For more than a decade, The Nine has been a staple in the Giro line and is the product that started it all in performance snow helmets and is now available with MIPS technology.
- Giro Snow - MIPS: MIPS - Multi-Directional Impact Protection System MIPS is a step forward in helmet design. There are three main components to a MIPS-equipped helmet: the interior foam liner, the Low Friction Liner and an elastomeric attachment system between them. In an angled impact, the elastomeric attachment system stretches to allow the foam liner to rotate independently around your head. The goal of this technology is to further reduce rotational forces.
- IN-MOLD: In-Mold Construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making in-mold helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- IN FORM™ FIT SYSTEM: The In Form™ system is a low-profile fit and stability system that makes it easy to dial-in the fit and feel of your helmet in seconds – even with gloves on. An ergo-friendly dial at the base of the helmet provides up to 6 cm of fit adjustment, and the system also includes a separate vertical turning feature that adjusts the fore / aft tilt of the helmet on your head to enhance peripheral vision and optimize the fit of the helmet with goggles.
- STACK VENT™: Our Stack Vent was developed based on research showing the majority of the warm air that can cause fogging exhausts from the center top vent of the goggle. Aligning the Stack Vent in the helmet with the center vent of your goggles helps to keep them clear and fog free while maintaining total helmet and goggle integration.
- SUPER COOL™ VENTS: Super Cool vents pull cool, fresh air into the helmet while pushing heat and stale air out. By maximizing efficiency and optimizing vent shapes, the collective cooling power of Super Cool vents helps to regulate your core temperature and keep you feeling fresh all day.
- THERMOSTAT™ CONTROL: Thermostat ventilation control allows you to custom tune airflow instantly with a simple, low profile control button on the outside of the helmet. No other system is faster or easier to adjust, and nothing is more effective at keeping you comfortable.
- Construction: MIPS — Multi-Directional Impact Protection System, In-Mold Construction
- Fit System: In Form Fit System , Vertical Tuning
- Ventilation: Thermostat Control Adjustable Venting, Stack Ventilation
- Features: Compatible with aftermarket Giro audio systems by Outdoor Tech, Seamless Compatibility with all Giro goggles
- Certification: CE EN1077