CRKT Homefront EDC Knife
It’ll stand the front line during a coordinated assault on your to-do list. The Homefront EDC is among the first in our fleet to feature “Field Strip” technology. This technology allows you to clean and restore your knife to perfect working order without tools, right where you stand so you don’t skip a beat.
- The breakthrough “Field Strip” innovation comes from the shop of world-renowned knife craftsman Ken Onion and has been over ten years in the making. To disassemble the Homefront™ EDC when the knife is in the closed position, push the front release lever away from the blade, then spin the turn release wheel on the rear of the handle away from the pivot shaft—once you feel the handle release, pull it up and away from the blade. Reassembly is as easy as reversing the procedure, allowing for practical, quick maintenance where you stand.
- From his shop in Kaneohe, HI, Ken Onion designed the tactically inspired, everyday carry Homefront™ EDC knife to stay true to its vintage roots. The bayonet lug-style flipper sets off the smooth open action of the stainless steel drop point blade, while tank jimping on the backstrap sits snugly against your palm.
- It stands up to the looks of a WWI heirloom, and it sure as hell stands up to any job it encounters. The handles are made of stealthy black, glass-reinforced nylon and house an impressively beefy silver stonewash blade.
- Classic on the outside, impressively futuristic on the inside, the Homefront™ EDC is about to change everything.
- How Field Strip Works: Field Strip Technology lets you easily disassemble your knife for cleaning without tools. To disassemble, close the knife, push the front release lever up. Then spin the rear release wheel clockwise —once you feel the handle release, pull it up and away. Handles and blade come apart easily. To bring the knife back together, place the blade and handles into the closed position - press and hold the pivot. Once the pivot is seated correctly, rotate the release wheel counter-clockwise until snug. Push front lever down. The knife is restored to full working order.
- 1.4116 Blade Steel + Glass Reinforced Nylon Handles
- Blade Length: 3.539" (89.89 mm)
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Blade Steel: 1.4116 SS, HRC 55-57
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Blade Thickness: 0.135" (3.43 mm)
- Closed Length: 4.720" (119.89 mm)
- Weight: 4.3 oz
- Handle: Glass Reinforced Nylon
- Style: Folding Knife w/Locking Liner
- Overall Length: 8.25" (209.55 mm)