Platypus GravityWorks 6L Water Filter System
Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
Filtering up to 1.75 liters a minute without any pumping, the high-capacity GravityWorks Water Filter System filter is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get filtered water in the backcountry. GravityWorks is ideal for bigger backpacking groups or basecamps. Offering a 12 liter total capacity, easily supplying filtered water for drinking, washing up, cooking, and cleaning. Simplify your water collection with the GravityWorks system and spend more time enjoying your group.
- No pumping: Just fill the dirty reservoir, hang it, and let gravity do the hard work—yep, filtering water can be as easy as fill, hang, relax.
- Fast: Filters up to 1.75 liters per minute; microfilter lifetime up to 1,500 liters of water.
- Effective: Every microfilter is individually tested to ensure it meets all EPA & NSF guidelines for the removal of 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa*.
- Light & Compact: System weighs 11.5 oz. (326 g) and stows smaller than most 1L bottles.
- Field-cleanable: Microfilter can be easily backflushed in 4 seconds to maintain filter performance.
- Hollow Fiber Advantage: Hundreds of tiny, hollow fibers enable the microfilter to filter water faster than traditional filter media.
- Easy collecting & dispensing: Collecting water is easy—simply open the top, scoop water, and close; control delivery of filtered water with hose shutoff clamp.
Comes with: Clean reservoir (6.0L), Dirty reservoir (6.0L), Hollow Fiber microfilter, hoses, shutoff clamp, and storage sack.
*This includes Giardia, Cryptosporidium, E. coli, Salmonella and Cholera.
|Weight (Standard)||12.3 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||0.35 kg|
|Width (Standard)||10 in|
|Width (Metric)||26 cm|
|Length (Standard)||19.5 in|
|Length (Metric)||49 cm|
|Effective against bacteria||Yes|
|Effective against chemicals/toxins||No|
|Effective against particulate||Yes|
|Effective against protozoa||Yes|
|Effective against viruses||No|
|Filter media||Hollow Fiber|
|Filter pore size (microns)||0.2|
|Flow (L/min)||1.75 liters per min|
|Cartridge life||1500 liters|
|Water Bottle Adapter||No|
|Cartridge replacement indicator||No|
|Country of Origin||Assembled in U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials|
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm.